Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Life Gets in the Way

It's been 3 weeks since my last post, and I apologize for that. There are two factors in this:

1. Part-time job (3 or 4 days a week)

2. A degenerative spine condition and arthritis.

The diagnosis for #2 came two weeks ago today. I've been going to chiropractic therapy on days I don't work. The good news is that for the first time since the end of March, I am not in constant pain. Notice I didn't say I was pain-free, because I'm not. But the amount and severity of pain is much improved and more manageable.

My condition makes me more prone to fatigue, and even exhaustion. On the days I work, I can't do much of anything else because I'm too tired. On the days I don't work, simple household duties leave me tired and in pain.

I will resume posting about my weight loss plan by the middle of June, maybe sooner. I have an article to finish for The Saponifier magazine, as well as preparations for the Alabama Soap & Candle Association's annual meeting. Then there's just trying to keep up with the daily stuff.

So look for a new post sometime in the next 3 - 4 weeks!

No comments: